Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Job Search Using Podcast

I have been listening and now watching podcasts via my iPod for quite some time now. Typically listening to information regarding business and marketing. However, as of late I have been paying particular attention to job and career podcasts.

I was pleasantly surprised to find a good mix of available podcasts regarding jobs and careers. Certainly, I recommend adding this to your arsenal of tools for helping to find your next job. With blogs, there is only so much higher level insight I can provide before I begin to bore you and lose your focus. But an audio or video podcast can keep you more intrigued and I can at the same time better educate you in Job Searching using Web 2.0 techniques.

My intention is to also enter this arena and offer a weekly podcast regarding jobs and careers at some point in the second quarter of 2009. I will of course, announce and market this here as well as other online avenues but in the meantime wanted to make sure that this element of job searching was made mention of in my blog.

If you own an iPod, why not go and download a number of these free podcasts and help educate you while you are driving or walking or running, etc.? Like I have been repeating, we absolutely are in an economic cycle where Darwinism will prevail. I would be willing to bet that you can quickly find some great podcasts with helpful insight that you might not have read or heard about before.

1 comment:

Jorge Lazaro Diaz said...

I am a part of a nonprofit Back on Track Net (www.backontracknet.org). We've been helping out of work South Floridians since 9/11. We just launched four test podcasts and are wanting people to provide us with feedback. Our next batch will improve on the side of sound quality, but it will give you a good idea of the kind of content we plan to provide. PLEEEEEASE try them out and send us feedback. You can find them on iTunes by searching for Back on Track or Podcast Alley feed