Saturday, September 6, 2008

Recruiters Make Great Bridges

A recent placed candidate of ours "hated" his previous job. In fact hate may be too kind of a word to use for his description. He had been there for more than five years. In his last year there he decided to explore the possibility of finding a better job with better benefits, better quality work environment, closer to home and more rewarding overall.

He spent months using the plethora of online job boards to find open positions that seemed to fit his skill set. He sent his resume countless times using online job board systems and direct emails at local companies he wished to obtain a position with. Nothing. Not a phonecall, nor an email response. It frustrated him. He couldn't understand why.

When he finally found our website online (http://www.jtlservices.com), he decided to give us a shot. He sent an email with his resume and I reached for him later that day. He immediately voiced his frustrations. I could feel his tenseness. I could sense his aprehensiveness to using a recruiter. I could understand his slight feelings of hopelessness. And I told him - I could help.

I quickly explained to him the many benefits of a using a job recruiter. Within minutes he admittedly explained that he completely viewed a recruiter as an obstacle but realized he was wrong in that assumption.

What did I tell him? What I always practice and preach - I constantly and consistently repeat what should be obvious but nevertheless gets masked by misconception.

Here is the reality -
  • Recruiters have existing relationships.
  • Recruiters seek quality talent.
  • Recruiters prepare and promote candidates.
  • Recruiters place candidates.
  • Recruiters make great bridges from candidates to clients

And recruiters dont get paid unless they do this. It is really that simple.

No comments: